Friday, May 6, 2011

Brace Face

   Straight teeth is a very common things nowadays, especially in young adults and teens. Pretty, white, and straight teeth just go along with the image or idea of success. The process of going through braces is no fun, just ask anyone that has had them.
"Having braces for 2 years has sucked, I can't eat certain foods like carmel apples, they are my favorite,"- Tyler Williford 16, sophomore.
   It is proven that having braces, leads to straight teeth and helps improve the individuals speech, bite, and also makes chewing different foods alot easier and less painful as someone that hasn't had braces. Braces help prevent alot of things like gum diseases, and having to pull teeth. They also create the "perfect smile". It is also proven that a beautiful smile leads to higher self-esteem. Higher self-esteem boosts the individuals confidence. Confidence generates sucess, thus stating that people with beautiful smiles have a lot to be happy about. 
   Many people don't like the idea of braces because they are not very cost friendly. Braces are extremely expensive, and usually are not covered by insurance because they are not necessary. Braces are considered a luxury or a optional choice, along with newly popular invisaline (braces alternative).
  I have braces, and I have had them for a little over a year. I agree, they are no fun.  They are hard to maintain and keep up with because they are always breaking or needing to be adjusted. Having braces means I can't eat some of the foods I used to. Something as simple as bitting an apple is extremely hard to do without miss-placing a bracket or breaking a color-band off. Monthly trips to my orthodontist are extremely time consumming, however everytime I go, it means I am one step closer to acheiving that perfect smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment