Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Season well Earned

   Cheering this season for the Tigers was a blast. I didn't realize til the Manatee game how good we actually are. It's an exciting thing to see, the players giving their all every game with the best attitudes they can have. The football team is definitely different than years past, and I think everyone in the community and Palmetto High School can tell. I no longer get the "oh my gosh you go there" reaction when I tell people I go to Palmetto High.
   It's amazing to me how much the football team's success has really changed Palmetto's reputation. However, this winning streak that we had was well-earned and so is the newfound reputation and respect for our school that came along with it.
   But think about if we hadn't gone 12-2, and instead we maybe went 9-4 and didn't make it to the playoffs? Our players still would have trained just as hard, had the same coaches, and disiplined and acted the exact same way. Without the 12-2, all of it would have gone un-noticed by the community. I feel like this is a lesson in life too: only the best are noticed, recognized, and rewarded. Sometimes it's a good and bad thing. It can motivate you, or discourage you. The Tigers decided to let it motivate them this season. Instead of looking at the odds that were constantly stacked against them, they over came it. Are you going to let this life lesson that the Tigers overcame motivate, or discourage you?

No comments:

Post a Comment